Sunday 2 April 2017

Obsessed With: Brows




Eyebrows, something I’ve been obsessed with lately. Ever since I watched Jamie Genevieve's video on soap brows I have been lusting after fuller, thicker looking brows.  I love the brushed up style that's about lately ‘the boy brow’, a welcome change to the heavily made up Instabrow which I could never quite master and quite frankly don’t have time for in my life!

This new fascination has prompted a mini spree of new brow products, all of which I have been enjoying using as well as some old favourites.



Charlotte Tilbury’s Legendary Brows was top of my list come pay day, this promises fuller, thicker looking brows helped by tiny fibers that adhere to your own brow hairs.  Legendary Brows comes with a teeny wand to brush each and every hair into place and gives your brows colour and hold. This is similar to Benefit’s Gimme Brow which does the same thing, but so far seems less drying as Gimme Brow only used to last a few months and would dry up in the tube which is a big no no!
 
Maybelline Brow Pencil in blonde is another product I’ve been using lately.  I love the fact this is cool toned, a savior for all of us ashy haired girls. This has a tiny twist up pencil on one end and a brush on the other and is really similar to Anastasia Brow Wiz or the Soap & Glory Brow Archery pencils.




Of course where would I be with my brow routine if I didn’t have my trusty Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade?! Interestingly I have this now in 2 colours, Blonde and Taupe, as I just couldn’t shake the feeling Blonde was a little warm for me.  Turned out I was right and Taupe is an even better match as it’s the more ashy shade of the two, although slightly darker. I use this to line the bottom of my brows so I have a strong shape to work with before I go in with pencil.




Lastly to set my brows I’ve been trying out the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel, a cult classic! I was using the Benefit Ready Set Brow but at £18.50 I wanted to try something slightly cheaper . Anastasia's formula is a little less 'wet' than Benefit's, thicker and slightly more dry, however they both seem to hold my brows the same, maybe Anastasia's holding them slightly firmer.


In the hope of a fuller brow I have been using Rapid Brow for just over a week now.  Nothing to report as yet, however I will keep you posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png