Monday 17 April 2017

Budget Faves




I have to admit I didn't think I used a lot of ‘budget’ makeup, not because I am a makeup snob (really I’m not), but because I hadn't found that many great products when really, after having a dig around in my makeup bag I noticed 80% of my makeup is actually budget makeup!

I tend to use higher end products for my base and concealers and will skimp on things like eye brows, mascara and lip products with the odd exception here and there.

A brilliant example of the odd exception are my recent foundation favourites which are both from the high street. I have been in love with the L’Oréal True Match since they reformulated it as it sits better on my skin and gives a lovely luminous finish. Along with the Bourjois Health Mix Foundation, another long term budget favourite, both great alternatives to some higher end options.

Another little gem I found recently is the Rimmel True Match Loose Setting Powder, this is an absolute bargain of a product and has actually replaced my beloved Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder. It's super finely milled and sets makeup in place all day and I find it helps to reduce the appearance of pores more than the LM which costs about 3 times the price!

The Maybelline Brow pencil which featured in my last post is another new find, I love this so much I have bought another 2 as back-up (Superdrug 3for2 obvs had to be done!) It's the perfect ash blonde, slightly darker than my brows, but if I use a light hand it works perfectly.

I use two mascaras normally, a high end + budget product, which to be honest I could probably use on it's on but I can't bear to part with my Too Faced Better Than Sex. I find using the two gives me super full, fluffy lashes that last all day and If anyone asks for a good budget mascara I always recommend the Maybelline Lash Sensational.

My star product from the high street is the Maybelline Bronze BB Cream, this is a fantastic base to use under foundation or on its own for a hint of colour.  It contains SPF 25 and gives the skin a beautiful bronze glow, very comparable to the By Terry Cellularose Brightening Serum which costs 61.00 (!) I literally use this everyday.

What are your favourite budget beauty buys?

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png