Thursday 6 August 2015

BLEACH London - Super Cool Colours Violet Skies

I kind of got over my pastel hair phase a while back, having had pink / purple hair all throughout summer 2014. However I’ve always been tempted to go back as I love the look of ice cream shaded locks.

Unless you’re willing to bleach the crap out of your hair then it can be hard to achieve, luckily for me my hair is naturally really light, so I can dip in and out of it. If you’re going to commit, then I reckon it’s best left up to the professionals initially, especially in the bleaching stage as it can be very damaging to your hair.

I’d been messing about with the BLEACH London Silver shampoo a few weeks prior as I really wanted silver / grey toned hair or ‘granny hair’ as some may call it. I’d been leaving the shampoo on for a few minutes each time and although minimal had began to see the effect on my hair.

Violet Skies is a gorgeous cool lilac colour and much like the other BLEACH London colours is really gentle and conditioning on the hair. It leaves amount of colour and smells nice too!

You get 150ml of colour for £5, which is enough for a whole head of colour on short / medium length hair.

I used 2 bottles of colour as I didn’t like the way it looked with just one.  The first time I did it I didn’t leave it on long enough – the bottle says 15 I did 10 and found the colour a bit patchy, so went out and bought another bottle which I only used half of to cover the bits that were less covered.

The second time I did it I got distracted and managed to leave this on for around 2 hours! Rest assured this won’t do any damage to the hair, neither will it turn a darker shade as most dyes stop developing after a certain amount of time – apart from bleach, that is the devil if you leave it on too long!

I found by leaving it on this long and going in with a second coat I got a much better result and was really happy with the colour. Those that are regular pastel dyers will know what a biaatch it is to keep the colour, we’re talking 3 or 4 washes and it’s gone. I find with this one the BLEACH London Silver Shampoo works really well as its the same tone and keeps any pesky yellow / green bits at bay.

Overall I love this colour and am really happy with the outcome, I think it’s a great shade for Autumn / Winter as it’s not too bright, although after seeing Kylie Jenner’s hair the other week I am so tempted to try an ice blue next!!

Have you tried any of the BLEACH London colours? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png