Monday 3 August 2015

Benefit Box Blushers - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly


Benefit Box Blushers had become something of a collectors item for me. When I was first getting into makeup as soon as they released a new shade I’d be all over it, regardless of whether I actually needed it or not!

I’ve rounded up my collection of Benefit blushers to give you the low down on the good, the bad and the ugly.

Keeping it simple I’ll start with the good - which is the majority of them I might add.  My favourites include:

-Hoola the iconic matte bronzer which suits all skin tones and is great for all over contouring and bronzing

-Coralista a beautiful coral toned blush which is great forbrightening up the face and adding a pop of colour

-Sugarbomb, a pretty sheeny mix of pink and peach tones 

-Bella Bamba a bright strawberry pink

-Dallas a bronze / blush hybrid which is beautiful used on darker skin as a blush and great for pale girls as a bronzer

-Hervana a mix of berries and pink shades 

Now the bad, which only consists of one shade and that is Dandelion a pale matte pink. The reason for not liking this is it just doesn’t show up on my skin.  Maybe because I’m pale, I don’t know but no matter how much I use I get nothing. This is sold as a brightening powder so maybe you’re supposed to use it all over? Although I don’t fancy a pink cast on my face anytime soon so for me this is a miss. 

And finally the ugly and I’ve kind of cheated here and used a discontinued shade as I genuinely couldn’t think of one I disliked that much - that is Georgia, a matte peach.  I don’t know how else to describe this other than weird.  It was a really chalky vivid peach shade, that never blended with the skin very well and always ended up looking stripy, not sure who this was aimed at but maybe that’s why its been discontinued.

Next on my list is Rockateur one of the newer box colours and is rose gold! Yes rose gold for the cheeks! This has got great reviews and looks really pretty in real life so I think I’ll be adding this one next.

What are your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png