Sunday 5 February 2017

My Three Favourite Protein Bars



I love protein bars, they're great as a snack, easy to carry around and are a good way increase your protein intake.

I'd always recommend checking the nutritional information / ingredients on a protein bar as they can vary hugely. I like to go for low carb / low sugar, high protein options with no trans, mono, poly or saturated fats.

My favorite bars are from a range called Grenade - Carb Killa, these launched at the start of 2016 and have become so popular since then.  They taste great, look great and come in loads of flavors.  My favourite being the cookies and cream - C13.6g (of which sugars 1.5g), F8.2g, P23.3g.

My second favorite are the My Bar Zero range from My Protein, these are different in texture to the carb killas, more chewy and not coated in chocolate. I find them best when zapped in the microwave for 30 seconds, otherwise they can hurt your jaw as they are quite chewy! They come in loads of flavours, my fave being the Caramel Peanut - C2.6g (of which sugars 2.4g), F6.2g, P20.2g.


Last but not least I am a huge fan of the Skinny Cookies in White Chocolate & Raspberry from My Protein. They taste great on their own or even better used as a topping - peanut butter on ryvita for example!  They taste great and have a nice squidgy texture, like cookie dough. C16g (of which saturates 3.6g), Fg3, P25g.



Pictures courtesy of @grenadeofficial & @robyn_lifts

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png