Saturday 15 October 2016

Over Rated Products - Not Worth The Hype




I love having a nose at all the new beauty bits on the market, I make it my mission to keep up to date with all the new happenings. But what about the products that haven't lived up to standards? The £40 foundation that promises 'airbrushed skin' or the newest anti aging cream that says it will give you back your 'youthful glow', we've all been there!

I wanted to share some of the products I purchased that didn't work out.  That's not to say they won't for anyone else, this is just a personal list of things that didn't work for me :)

Huda Beauty Lashes - I mentioned these in my last post as the reason they didn't work out was totally down to preference, they were just too darn dramatic for me, even the 'natural' ones!

L'Oreal Cushion Foundation - Originally I liked this, it was lightweight and super dewy but after a few more uses and looking like you could fry a chip on my face by midday, this was a big no no! Far to dewy for my dry / combo skin.

Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Champagne Toast - Why, why, why did they choose to reformulate the Tanya Burr Lip-glosses! Afternoon Tea and First Date were my favourite glosses of all time.  In their place Champagne Toast a concealer colour worthy lip gloss which I threw away after trying twice. Massive fail.

Eve Lom Cream Cleanser - Am I missing something here? This is one of the most popular facial cleansers on QVC and Space NK but I just don't get on with it. Priced around £45 it ain't cheap, I find it really thick and hard to remove as it leaves behind a greasy residue.

Beauty Bakerie Lip Whip in Cranberry Stiletto - I'm really disappointed in this product as I'd been after a red liquid lipstick for a while.  Unlike others I've tried, Lip Whip broke down quite easily

L'Oreal True Match (original formula) - Cakey, that's all I can really say about this. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get on with this blogger favourite. If we want to talk about the new formula, well then that's another story.........

MUFE HD Stick Foundation - Maybe my skin isn't dry enough to reap the benefits of such a creamy formula but by midday it looks a mess and is really obvious I'm wearing makeup. The formula for me is too thick, drier skinned people may disagree.

That's all I could think of for now, I am sure there are more as I am always trying out new things, most of the time if I don't like them I'll often sell them on my Depop. What have you been trying lately? Are there any products that haven't lived up to expectations?



No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png