Wednesday 26 October 2016

Urban Decay - All Nighter Foundation - Worth The Hype?





I'm sure I'm adding to an ever growing list of reviews about this foundation, but none the less couldn't wait to give it a go and share my thoughts with you.
It's not my usual type of foundation, although I like the coverage I tend to go for something lighter and more dewy. Urban Decay describes All Nighter as a 'matte but never flat' finish, it is quite matte, although I think with the right prep and after care you can transform the finish to suit (I'll explain more later on!)


Urban Decay say:n
•Waterproof, oil-absorbing formula
•Provides complete coverage that lasts all night
•Delivers a modern matte finish that never looks overdone
•Gives a perfected, blown-out effect on the skin
•Comfortable wear suitable for every day
•Loaded with 25% pigment (three times as much as Naked Skin Liquid Makeup)
•Special blend of next-generation silicones provides a full coverage, waterproof, matte finish
•Infused with light-diffusing pigments to blur flaws
•Only a small amount is needed
•High-tech polymer gel system provides lasting wear
•24 meticulously calibrated shades
•Airless pump so you can get every bit


There are three points up there that are noticeable straight away and that is the 25% more pigment, that you only need a small amount (!) and the shade range, with 24 shades it can be a daunting task to pick the right one for you so a few tips to consider are:

The shades run much lighter than the Naked Weightless foundations so do not assume you will be the same in each and generally the .5 shades run cooler / pinker and the .0 shades are warmer / yellow toned. Knowing this I was able to pick my shade quite easily (2.0 for reference,) Googling a lot of swatches online helped also and of course testing them out in store.


The first time I used this I used waaaaay to much! Hence the point above about 25% more pigmentation. I've never used a foundation before that is so high coverage with such little product, which is great because it doesn't feel like you are wearing a ton of makeup. I've tested it with both a Beauty Blender and my Zoeva Buffing Brush and have to say I prefer the Beauty Blender as it adds a touch of moisture when it's damp.


The finish of this foundation is very matte and although UD say matte but not flat, I find it a little too matte for my personal preference. To combat this I use a glowy primer, something like Benefit Girl Meets Pearl or a hydrating setting spray, like MAC Fix +.


UD All Nighter lasts well on my skin, however I have found by midday that it can break up and look a bit clumpy in areas like it needs blending again, I'm not yet sure why this is happening but hope with the right primer I can combat this!

PROS:
Super full coverage
Flawless finish
Long lasting
A little goes a long way
Shade range
Packaging - just look at it! Not to mention a pump bottle so you get every last drop :)
Price - £27.00

CONS:
Very matte
Transfers
Breaks up midday
Requires a lot of work during application
Rumors of it oxidizing, although this never happens to me (!)
So far I have been semi enjoying using this foundation, I think it'd be great for nights out or events, although I am not quite sure if it will replace my Double Wear due to the breaking up by midday issue :( it just doesn't last on me.


Have you tried UD ALL Nighter Foundation, what are your thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png