Sunday 2 October 2016

New Stuff - Autumn




I've had a bit of a makeup splurge recently, I don't know if it's the impending change in seasons that's set me off on the hunt for new things or I'm going through some sort of a makeup crisis.  Either way I'm enjoying the new bits I've acquired lately.
Some are good, some not so much, here are my thoughts........


Cult Beauty - I purchased a couple of items from Cult Beauty. I originally went on there to get the Huda Beauty Lashes in Giselle (which I did pick up) and the new line from Beauty Bakerie caught my eye, I couldn't resist picking up one of their Lip Whip's in  Cranberry Stiletto. I kind of wish I hadn't, because as far as liquid lipsticks go I found this one really didn't last well on my lips which was disappointing. I also picked up the ibeauty Skin 21 Brush, the jury is still out on this one as I haven't tested it enough yet to give my verdict! As for the Giselle lashes, they've already been sold on my Depop! I really didn't get on with them as they were far too dramatic for me, despite being described the most 'natural' pair from the collection.


Debenhams Online - Makeup Forever HD Stick in 225 I was dying to try this after Jacqueline Hill & Nikkie Tutorials rated them top in their ride or die makeup tag (even above the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk!) , they are much dewier than the liquid version too, so great for dry / dehydrated skin. I also purchased the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer and Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara - both holy grail products in my eyes so these were a repurchase.


Look Fantastic - Urban Decay Setting Spray, again another essential in my kit, no other setting spray I've tried lives up to this so I had to repurchase as soon as mine had run out!


Boots - I am very fortunate to have a NYX counter in my local store *squeals* although my bank balance probably doesn't agree. They were promoting their coloured liquid eyeliners recently, so I picked up the electric blue shade as I'd always wanted to try out a coloured liner. I've worn this twice so far and am in love!


I also picked up the L'Oreal Everstrong Shampoo & Conditioner as a replacement for my Kerastase, which was a very expensive habit! These are great, L'Oreal owns Kerastase and after a quick Google search of the ingredients showed they are very similar for a fraction of the price. In terms of quality, I hardly notice a difference to my hair.


Lastly I picked up the reformulated L'Oreal True Match Foundation, I never really got on with the originally and so far am loving the new version.  It seems more dewy than before and clings less to dry patches which is a bonus.


What have you been buying lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png