Monday 29 August 2016

The Bodyshop Superfood Face Masks





The Body Shop have come out with five brand new face masks all aimed at different skin types.  Multi masking seems to be the 'in' thing right now so I can see these going down a treat.  They retail at £15 each and the line up includes - 


- Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask – detox and polish (oily skin)
- British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask – plum and hydrate (dry skin)
- Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask – nourish (mature skin)
- Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask – brighten (dull skin)
- Amazonian Acai Energising Radiance Mask – energise (tired / fatigued skin)

All of the face masks are either 100% vegan or 100% vegetarian and can be used in conjunction with each other. I was lucky enough to be given a sample of each so I could test them out myself and of course I roped in the help of my ever compliant boyfriend as he has a different skin type to me, so between us we could make it through all five masks in one go.

I tried out the Honey and Rose (for my cheeks) Ginseng (for my t-zone) and Jon tried out the Charcoal (for his t-zone) and Acai (for his cheeks.) As you can imagine we looked like a right pair with all of this on. Here's a breakdown of our thoughts.......

Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask  - This had a slight tingling sensation once applied, which was probably down to the tea tree oil. It left Jon's skin feeling really clean and slightly tight once it was washed off.  Personally I'd find this be a bit drying, but it you have oily skin or suffer from breakouts this would be perfect. Smells like minty green tea.

British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask – This was my favourite of the lot.  I used it on my cheeks and forehead. It smells absolutely gorgeous and left my skin feeling nice and plump.  This has a thick jelly texture and is great for hydration. I'd highly recommend it for dry skin or if you want a guaranteed good skin day. Smells like fresh roses.

Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask - This was my second favourite of the bunch, it has a similar texture to the Rose mask, like a thick sticky jelly and left my skin feeling really soft. I'd say if you have the Rose Mask, you probably don't need this one as they are very similar, both really hydrating and leave the skin plump and fresh. Smells like sweet honey.

Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask - I liked this one as It was exfoliating and left my skin feeling really smooth. It wasn't quite scrubby enough for me (I usually use Nip Fab Glycolic Fix as a scrub) but did the job well. Smells like a spa.

Amazonian Acai Energising Radiance Mask - This one was like a hybrid between the Rose / Honey and Ginseng.  It had the same texture as the Rose but with the exfoliating bits like the Ginseng.  It actually reminded me of strawberry jam and it smelt just as good! It left Jon's skin feeling soft and didn't irritate the areas he'd trimmed that day. Smells like strawberry jam.

I've linked some more info about the masks HERE if you fancy reading further about them. We both thought all of the masks were great and really enjoyed using them, perfect for a pamper day at home.

I'm excited to have partnered up with Becky who gave me the samples and runs her own Body Shop At Home business be able to offer you the great deals below if you fancy trying them out for yourself, you can either - 

- Buy 2 masks and get the face mask brush for free - total £30, RRP £38

- Or buy any 1 mask for just £12 instead of £15



Just contact Becky be clicking on her name above and send her your order details to get either a discounted mask or a free face mask brush when you buy any two of the masks together - great!

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png