Friday 10 June 2016

Skin Care Update










It’s been a tough couple of months for my skin, I seemed to have gone from a normal / combo skin type to dry / dehydrated skin in what feels like overnight - cue panic.  I’m not used to such dry skin and have had to completely overhaul my skin care routine to suite this new phase.

I’m finding by midday my makeup has virtually disappeared in some areas (apparently this is my skin taking the water from my foundation) and results in patchy uneven skin, especially on my cheeks and around my mouth so I've had to find ways to combat this.

Firstly I have upped my water intake, I am awful at drinking the right amount of water, made especially worse by the fact I gym 4/5 times a week so this has been a real focus in getting my skin hydrated. So far so good, although no real visible difference as yet.

Secondly I have invested in an exfoliating toner, I went for one with 5% glycolic acid to really buff and brighten the skin.  This so far has made such a difference and it’s only been a few weeks.  My skin feels soft and glowing and it feels like anything I use after absorbs so much better- love.

I’ve also got good at using my Clarisonic and even bought a new brush head for it the other day, this again really helps products absorb into the skin more effectively and gently exfoliates and cleanse s the skin.

I invested in a good night oil to use after my moisturizer, as oils help to lock in any hydration and keep the skin soft.  I use this before bed to ensure my skin is radiant by morning.

As for makeup I feel this areas been a bit of a mess, I can’t go anywhere near matte foundations anymore as they make me look like a cakey mess by midday, instead I am trying out the Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder which I love and the Bourjois Healthy Mix which I find to be good for drier skin types. I've also got back into the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation which has been great for my dryer skin, I use this combined with the Makeup Revolution Priming Toner Water and it lasts all day without going patchy, it's just a shame the colour range is so poor for lighter skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png