Thursday 10 April 2014

Urban Decay Electric Palette

If you follow me on Instagram you’re probably fed up of seeing pictures of this; what can I say, I love a colourful palette, add to the fact it's Urban Decay and you're onto a winner in my eyes.



ummed and ahhed about this one for a while as I have to admit it scared me a little, a lime green eye is not something I could easily rock in the office on a daily basis. Despite my initial reservations I caved in and bought the palette a few weeks ago.  Sleek black casing with neon paint splatters adorning the outside and a giant mirror placed nicely on the inside of the lid, it's an object of sheer beauty before you even get inside, don’t get me started on the actual colours!


This comes with 10 pressed powder pigment eye shadows and a double ended brush which is very handy for packing colour onto the lids and retails for £38.00. It’s so different from all the Naked palettes we’ve seen over the past few years and offers a subtle nod to the good old days when this is what Urban Decay were all about; bright colours and lots of glitter. Not so much glitter in this palette however Urban Decay has just released a small collection of loose glitters if you’re feeling extra brave.


The Electric Palette offers 10 super bright shades which I’ve found can be worn uber bright or sheered out if you so wish. My favourite way of wearing this so far has been under my bottom lash line adding a pop of colour or as a winged liner. I plan to try a few colourful smoky eye looks with this and the acid yellow has been calling my name lately, I plan to use it as an all over wash of colour paired with super black lashes and tanned skin.


You can see below some of the looks I've tried so far.







If you’re in the market for something new or are fed up with neutrals then definitely give this a go perfect for the upcoming summer months. If you are a little worried about whether you'd get much wear out of this palette there are some great alternatives out there for much less, one being the MUA Poptastic palette as detailed below.  Same sort of colours but as the pigmentation is not as intense I think you could get away with using this more often, below I've used the sky blue (top right) from the palette on my lower lash line. 



I hope you enjoyed reading about the Electric Palette and seeing how I've used it so far, I’m off to do the weekly shop, lime green eye shadow it is then :)


Until next time……


Yours truly


Xx

1 comment:

  1. This palette is sooo lovely! I love the packaging :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete


 photo blanklogofull.png