Monday 7 April 2014

Skincare Favourites

I'm always trying new things and like to switch it up when it comes to skincare, with Spring on its way I'll opt for lighter textures in the (hopefully) warmer weather. I do all my skincare stuff before bed and avoid doing anything to my face in the morning - shocking for some I know but this has always worked for me.



For makeup removal and general cleansing I'm currently using The Bodyshop Sumptous Camomile Cleansing Butter.  This is silky soft on my skin and can be used all over, including the eye area.  I usually use my fingers to massage this into my face and either rinse off with a flannel and warm water or when I'm being super good I use my Clarisonic.  After rinsing skin is left soft and fresh with no tightness and all my eye makeup is removed.

To ensure my face is squeaky clean I take a bit of Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Brightneing Toner and sweep this over my face with a cotton pad.  This product contains fruit acids to brighten and exfoliate and white nettle to tighten pores.  I only use this once or twice a week as its an exfoliator, anymore than that and I don't feel I'd get the full benefit. As well as using the toner to exfoliate I also use the Nip Fab Glycolic Scrub. I use this on the days I don't use the toner.  As this contains glycolic acid I find it does a great job of smoothing my skin and getting rid of any flakiness. At under £10 I think its a bargain especially if you're just getting into using acid exfoliators, this is a good one to start with.

After all that cleansing and exfoliating its time to moisturise, my current moisturiser of the moment (and probably has been for the past year) is the infamous La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+.  La Roche Posey recently relaunched this moisturiser with more active ingredients that work to reduce scarring and redness and a slightly higher price tag. If I'm honest the only difference I've noticed is that the formula feels slightly thicker than before, I still love this moisturiser though.  Marketed towards more troubled / congested skin this provides my combination skin with the perfect amount of moisture, I can't quite put my finger on why this works so well for me but it just does.

The last step to my skin care routine is the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, again I only use this 2-3 times a week when my skin feels like it needs an extra hit of moisture.  This lightweight serum sinks into the skin really quickly and leaves my skin glowing by morning.

If I am suffering from any breakouts I will pop on some Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot.  This spot fighting gel helps kill bacteria, reduce redness and size whilst containing hyaluronic acid meaning you don't get any flakiness around the breakout.

Right, after all that skin talk I'm off for a face mask, enjoy!

Your truly


              xx




No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png