Friday 4 April 2014

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer





Last week I finally got my hands on the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer, I say finally as this has been on my wish list for ages. I've been put off previously mostly due to the price, this little pot retails for anywhere between £36-£40 depending where you get it from, add postage and your looking at around £45 in total.

Through google search I found the easiest places to order this from are Cult Beauty and Space NK, I got mine from Space NK purely because Cult Beauty didn't stock as many colours. Various other sites such as Strawberry Net stock this cheaper but I found the colours were limited.

Described as a 'multi-tasking skin enhancer' this little pot of wonder can be used in a variety of ways, so far I've tried it all over as a base mixed with a moisturiser which gives medium coverage (depending how much you mix in) and under my eyes as a concealer which was fab! My reason for wanting to try this was the high pigmentation, meaning for me as an under eye concealer I felt it would be perfect. 

You may look at this little pot and think whaaaaat £38 for that little thing but let me tell you a little goes a long way. It's so pigmented I'm not really sure how to describe it! The product itself is quite thick, meaning for under the eyes or covering blemishes you only need the tiniest amount, this covers everything perfectly. I use a small stippled blending brush and swirl this on anything I want to cover and hey presto! As if by magic it's disappeared which makes my morning routine a lot easier and me a very happy girl. 

To make an all over foundation type product I mixed a pea size amount with my Clinique Dramatically Different moisturiser on the back of my hand and dabbed this on with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush, blended out this gave a medium semi-matte finish which I then topped up with my Bare Minerals foundation. This is one of my favorite finishes I've discovered so far as it was so naturally flawless and lasted all day through my trip to London, I experienced no fading or patchiness which can sometimes happen to me with other foundations.

It took me ages to decide which colour to go for as I couldn't physically see the product,  after endless google searches and shade comparisons I went for SX03 which is a neutral undertone lighter shade. I think there are over 20 shades in total however most places online seem to stock around 16, the colour selection can vary depending on where you're getting it from.  I found some good shade guides online and loads of swatches, I was quite lucky with my selection, if you can get to a store then I'd definitely recommend this option as you can have a play around with all the colours. 





Overall this was totally worth it for me, my under eye circles are no more and stay perfectly covered throughout the day, plus I love how versatile this is and can't wait to try other ways if using it.  

I hope this reviewed helped and inspired you if you have been thinking about getting this product and you enjoyed seeing the ways I've used it so far. 


Yours truly


Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png