Sunday 30 March 2014

Weekend Edition


From top to bottom, L-R
New gym goodies Kiko makeup and Illamasqua skin base, Kiko blush in 04 pop apricot, me and my sisters, my sisters new trainers, Kiko lipstick in 819, makeup from Saturday night, Kiko blush as before, peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake (YUM)

This weekend I decided I'd post something a little different and focus on something other than makeup for once!

I'd had a trip planned to London on Sunday for a while so the family went out and celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday night instead.  We went for a lovely pub meal, I chose the wild boar and chorizo burger for my main and the peanut butter and chocolate cheese cake for dessert which was delish.

After all that naughtiness we attempted to counteract this by going to the Be:Fit event in Billingsgate on Sunday.  I was a little disappointed this year.  They've revamped the show this time round renaming it Be:Fit (it used to be the vitality show) and incorporated a lot more fitness and nutrition into the event.  Although they've added more it definitely felt like there was less.  The venue was a lot smaller meaning we made it round in just over an hour.  There wasn't really much to see as a lot of the stalls were the same, although loads of good freebie tasters to be had and some interesting nutritional stalls to see.

As we were done so soon we decided to do some shopping.  Off to Oxford Street then! London wouldn't be complete for me without a trip to the Selfridges beauty hall where within 3 seconds of arrival we had spritzed ourselves with Chanel till our hearts content (does anyone else do this!?)

I decided to I'd try the Illamasqua Skin Base foundation as I've only ever heard good things about this stuff, I'll have to let you know how I get on once I've had a chance to test it out for myself.

I managed to resist purchasing anything else from Selfridges, however I did spy a Kiko shop across the road from Nike Town, where you can see my sister got some gorgeous green Nike trainers. I picked up a few bits including a pretty apricot blush, a lipstick and a mint green eyeliner which I've been after for ages and it was only £2.50 what a bargain!

After this we headed to the bottom of Oxford Street in search of Sports Direct where we all picked up some new gym clothes and I bagged some beautiful blue Nike trainers in the sale. 

After all that shopping we were done in and decided to head home which is where I'm currently writing this post with a hot chocolate and my bunny slippers, so cosy!

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend and reading about mine, more to come on the Illamasqua foundation once I've had a chance to test properly so keep your eyes peeled.

Yours truly



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png