Thursday 24 April 2014

Monthly Rants and Raves - April

Hello all, hope you're having a good weekend so far, Instead of posting a monthly favourites, I thought I'd do something a little different and share with you the products I have been ranting and raving about this month.

 

In no particular order.....

First up are the wonderful Clinique Cheeks Pops which I reviewed HERE, beautiful vibrant blushes, perfect for Spring / Summer with a pretty flower design on the blush. I always get compliments when wearing this making it a winner in my eyes.

Clinique's Lash Power Feathering Mascara, I was so disappointed with this, I wanted to love it but we just don't get on. I like a lot of volume and length from my mascaras, think Benefit's They're Real or Clinique High Impact. The formula is quite sticky and thick, when compared to other mascaras In the range it just doesn't live up to the usual Clinique standard.  Definitely saving this one for my Gym Face, natural definition, long wearing and water resistant, perfect for a workout.

Models Own Polish for Tans, another new launch I wanted to love. I'm sure the reason I don't is purely down to bad technique on my part. The finish is semi-matte and always ends up looking an uneven mess on me. Great concept, maybe better for my toes, mistakes are less visible from a height right?

Lush Face Mask in Brazened Honey, made entirely from fresh ingredients, this needs to be kept in the fridge to ensure its contents remain that way. A super brightening, deep cleansing mask for oily / combination skin.  Ground almonds add an element of exfoliation meaning skin is left glowing after using this. Especially good for hangovers or when you're not feeling your best as really wakes you up and clears the skin. Maybe not the best if you are a sensitive skinned soul due to the lime oil and ground almonds, I'd definitely recommend you check out their other masks as there's something for everyone in their range.

Last but by no means least I have been loving my Kérastase Resistance Bain Force Architecte Reconstructing Shampoo and Conditioner, phew what a mouthful! Designed to strengthen and repair dry / brittle hair this is a life saver for over processed or heat damaged hair. This comes in different erosion levels depending on what level of repair you require i.e. level 1+2 for minor damage and 3+4 for very damaged hair.

As an ex hairdresser I fully appreciate the importance of investing in a good hair care routine, especially if you have specific requirements or goals regarding your locks.  Mine at the moment is to grow it out a little longer, as I colour my hair and occasionally use heat I use this duo once or twice a week alternated with Herbal Essences, everyday would be overkill for me as my hair's not that damaged, hair feels soft, more resistant and is left with an anti-breakage effect.

What products are you ranting and raving about this month? I've fully taken up Boots 3 for 2 on makeup and skincare this month so I'm hoping some of them will make them into next months rants and raves post. Keep and eye out.....

Until next time 

Yours truly


Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png