Wednesday 23 April 2014

Gym Face

After all that Easter chocolate it's time to get my ass back to the gym and get my gym face on! I am a regular gym goer, not an exercise obsessive but I do enjoy a good workout. I aim for 4 days a week in the gym, if the weathers nice I will substitute a day or two for a run. I'm not going to lie and say I love exercise, it's just always been part of my life and I like the way it makes me feel, both mentally and physically.

So this post is all about gym face and no I don't mean those awkward faces you pull when you're sweating your ass off on the treadmill, but rather what makeup (if any) I wear to the gym.


I usually go after work during the week so would have on whatever makeup I was wearing that day, if I go at the weekend I usually wear a little something on my face, mostly to try and hide the fact I've just woke up! For my base I opt for something light and easy to apply as the weekend gym sesh tends to consist of rolling out of bed, chuck on clothes and go, so the less hassle the better. I usually reach for MAC Face and Body Foundation or my Bourjois CC cream, both give light coverage with minimum effort.  My concealer of choice is the Nars Radient Creamy Concealer to hide any under eye bags and to set this all in place a little dusting of Rimmels Stay Matte Powder.  

For my lashes I use a few quick coats of Cliniques newest addition, the Lash Power Feathering Mascara, this stuff is brilliant from gym goers as it's waterproof / smudge proof / life proof! You can only remove it with warm water so it stays put throughout even the sweatiest of sessions, personally tried and testest in an Insanity class, whilst my eyebrows ended up fading and moving half way across my face, this stuff stayed put without a hint of panda eye to be seen. 

For blush I tend to use cream products as they give a more natural finish and don't streak so much if you do get a bit sweaty, something like the Bourjois cream blushes or Benefits cheek stains are good, a quick brush through my brows with Benefits Gimme Brow and I'm good to go. 

Not too much effort for the gym as this lot only takes me maximum 5-10 minutes to apply, I have been known to go bare face, however learnt very quickly pillow marks are not acceptable, even if you have just rolled out of bed 5 minutes earlier! 

Yours truly


Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png