Wednesday 30 April 2014

Lily Lolo Cosmetics

Not many people I speak to are overly familiar with Lily Lolo Cosmetics, an online mineral makeup company that offer an extensive range of makeup and beauty tools at really reasonable prices. What I love about them is that they offer samples, such a brilliant idea and at £1.49 a go it’s hard not to order one of everything! All of the Lily Lolo products are a good size and come in twist and lock sifter jars, no messy fallout in your bag if you do decide to take these around 



Lily Lolo say:

Some of the many benefits of mineral makeup are: 1.) Natural - Mineral makeup looks natural and feels almost weightless on your skin. 2.) Long Lasting - Mineral makeup has excellent staying power and is virtually water and sweat proof. 3.) Sun Safe - Contains natural broad-spectrum sun protection. Lily Lolo is taking the beauty industry by storm and with good reason. What better way to make up than with products so pure they're practically skincare? Lily Lolo offers a full range of mineral cosmetics including mineral foundation and other mineral powders. Made from pure crushed minerals and containing no harsh chemicals, dyes or fillers, mineral foundation is not only gentle on the skin but also contains zinc oxides which have healing properties - perfect for those who suffer breakouts or have sensitive skin.

Here are my top picks from the range……

Mineral Foundation

Blondie was the first colour sample I ordered and it matched me perfectly. I love the way mineral foundation provides buildable coverage, whilst leaving the skin looking naturally flawless, feeling like you’re not wearing anything at all. This is fool proof, perfect for makeup beginners or those who prefer to feel like they’re not wearing a lot of makeup. My favorite way to apply this is with a kabuki brush, swirling and buffing over the entire face to ensure even flawless coverage.


Blusher

Lily Lolo’s blushes are gorgeous, there seems to be a colour to suit every skin tone, from the darkest pinks to the brightest apricots there really is a lot to choose from! My favourite is Beach Babe a bronzy peach with slight shimmer, this reminds me of MAC’s Sunbasque as it really warms up the skin without being overly bronze, leaving a really pretty flush of colour. All the blushes are available to order in sample size, if you’re not sure which one to go for order a few of these babies instead, that way you can try as many as you like before committing to the full size.


Loose Mineral Eye Shadow

Lily Lilo have over 20 loose mineral eyeshadow shades to choose from; from mattes to shimmers, neutrals to brights. Each shade is highly pigmented and long lasting, these don’t come in sample sizes however if you Google the shades you can get a pretty good idea of what they look like as there are loads of swatches online, plus the Lily Lolo website offers a brief description of each. My top picks are Sticky Toffee, Pixie Sparkle and Deep Purple all of which double up as eyeliner if you wet them first.


Makeup Brushes

I’ve got both the powder brush and blush brush in my collection and have had them both for around 7 years. I’ve washed them countless times and they are still as soft as ever and always form part of my daily routine. I did have the kabuki at one point but this seems to have vanished into makeup oblivion! Both brushes are brilliant multi-use brushes, as they are so soft and fluffy they never leave any harsh lines on my skin which is why I prefer them for any type of powder products.

I hope you enjoyed reading my top picks from the Lily Lolo range and hopefully I’ve inspired you to give them a go; what’s your favourite mineral makeup brand?

Yours truly


Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png