Saturday 22 March 2014

Forgotten Treasures

Whist having a sort out the other day I came across some hidden beauty treasures. Products I don’t use enough and haven’t necessarily fallen out of love with, it just never occurs to me to use them. I have vowed that instead of buying anything new I will try and experiment with these a bit more (one 
can only hope!)

First up is the original Naked Palette by Urban Decay. Unless you’ve been living on another planet then no doubt you will have come across at least one of the Naked Palettes before. This one has a special place in my heart as I bought it by pure accident. The hype hadn’t quite hit and I was completely unaware of what I was buying into when I first got this. I was casually browsing Debenhams at the time and armed with £20 worth of vouchers, managed to get this at a really reasonable price. I’m not even sure why I bought it at the time as I was never really one for wearing much eye shadow; however after this I was truly transformed. I won’t go into the detail as I said I’m sure you’ve heard so much about this already, however must make more effort to make use of this
neutral shaded wonder.

 
 
 
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, another beauty gem I often overlook Cheap and cheerful this reminds me of my Coffee Shimmer days *shudders*. This one is definitely not the most exciting however at under a fiver you can’t really go wrong. I use this after foundation to set everything in place and also have one in my bag for touch ups on the go.

MAC lipstick in Angel, I love this. I was digging through my lipstick collection the other day and this little beauty caught my eye. Angel was one of the first MAC lipsticks I purchased and has remained a favourite ever since, It’s such a pretty colour and very flattering on all skin tones. It’s sad really but I have been distracted from my MAC loves as there have been so many other good lip launches of late. In its place are my current favourites the NYX Butter Glosses. I must go back to using this more often. Perfect for everyday use or paired with a smoky eye for a night out.

 
Herbal Essences Shampoo and Conditioner. I have stayed loyal to this brand for many years, however every now and then I’ll veer off and try something new. I always come back to these as they smell so divine! I have used many other brands before and am not claiming these are the best I’ve tried, however they are a good budget option and will leave your hair smelling lovely.



Last on the list is my MAC Studio Fix Foundation. I’ve had a continued love hate relationship with this until one of my Sisters prompted me to get the right colour. I always thought I was a NW15 as this is what I had always been colour matched to and although it didn’t look terrible I always felt the tone was off. It wasn’t until my sister was colour matched to a NC15 that it inspired me to try this one out. What a revelation that has been! If you’re anything like me and are totally baffled by MAC’s colour system, then I strongly suggest you get coloured matched and take away samples so you can try them at home in more natural lighting. Now I have the right colour I have nothing but love for this foundation. Providing a medium semi-matte finish that lasts all day and matches my skin colour perfectly – thanks sis!

Hopefully this post has inspired you to think about your forgotten treasures; next time you reach for that shiny new palette or ‘must have’ blush maybe think about what you’ve already got. If all else fails, have a clear out, give your old stuff to someone who will make use of it and go get that shiny new palette – just don’t blame me in the process!

Yours truly



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png