Wednesday 26 February 2014

All About Eyes

Looking for a quick and easy way to revive tired eyes, then look no further.  When it comes to my eye care routine It's safe to say I have found my dream team.

Quick and easy to achieve using a mixture of skin care and clever concealing, this step-by-step will eliminate tired eyes in a flash.  Whether I'm going to work, going out or having a minimal makeup day, I always try to get my base right, including my eyes.




The newest edition to my routine, this product is a peach tinted gel which aims to diminish dark circles and puffy eyes. I squeeze a bit of product out of the tube, just so its visible and use the roller balls to massage this under my eye area, nice and refreshing for early morning starts. 

As the gel is peach coloured it will help neutralise any blue tones under the eye area ready for the next step. 

Step 2. Correct Sleek Conceal and Correct Palette 

This little palette contains two concealers / correctors for the eye area, one to correct dark circles (peach) and one to brighten and conceal (pink).  You'll also notice on the end there is a yellow toned setting powder.  I rarely use the pink concealer and setting powder, however don't doubt they'll come in handy, but at the moment my main use is the peach coloured corrector.  I take a small amount on my ring figure and gently pat this under my eye area, concentrating on the darkest bits which tend to be in the corners of my eyes and at the side of my nose.  I find this combined with the No7 corrector gives me the perfect base ready for concealer.

Step 3. Conceal Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer



Ahh Nars why do you tempt me so?

I bought this just before Christmas when there was a lot of online noise around this concealer, I went back and forth in my mind over whether £21.00 was really worth it for this product.  After all you can get some pretty decent foundations for that price. I have to say though I'm glad I forked out as this is an absolutely beautiful concealer. Just one swipe for under eye perfection this concealer is illuminating  and a perfection to blend.  

I tend to use my fingers or sometimes a brush to blend this out under my eyes and anywhere else I need a bit of help.  I find I don't get any creasing throughout the day and it manages to maintain its high level of coverage.  

If you prefer a slightly thinner consistency concealer a good alternative is the MAC Pro Longwear concealer which I often use as an alternative. 

Step 4. Set and Brighten Bare Minerals Well Rested



After trying various setting powders, I didn't really get what the all the fuss was about having a separate setting powder for under the eyes.

However after seeing Shaanxo use this numerous times on her you tube channel and deciding to try the Bare Minerals I totally get it.

For me it was a toss up between this and the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder, however due to the fact Laura Mercier was quite a bit more expensive I went with the Bare Minerals. 

Bare Minerals say -  This eye-brightening shadow base is beloved for its magical ability to diminish the appearance of morning drowsiness. Sweep it on to counter dark shadows around the eyes or even the nose and lips.

And that's exactly what it does, it manages to brighten the whole eye area and set everything in place to ensure it lasts all day. I sweep this on with a MAC 225 but any fluffy eyeshadow brush will do.

So there you have it.  It might seem like it takes a long time to achieve this eye care look but let me assure you I do this everyday and it takes 5 mins max.  Anything longer and I'd give up; as they say -  ain't nobody got time for that!

I hope you enjoyed reading this post, let me know your thoughts and comments below.

Your truly

Amy

xx


1 comment:

  1. I've never really tried dark circle corrector but know I need to! Definitely giving this a go x

    ReplyDelete


 photo blanklogofull.png