Saturday 22 February 2014

Brand Focus - No.7

For my first beauty post I thought I'd do something a bit different and focus on one brand I've recently indulged in. 

No.7 is a brand I've always had a love hate relationship with. In my mind it's a brand aimed at older women and never really offered me anything I hadn't seen before. However I can't deny when walking past the no.7 counter I regularly stop to have a browse as they have really upped their game in recent years and I often find myself tempted by what they have to offer. 

Just recently I gave into temptation and purchased some items from their new Spring collection. My favorites from the collection are the pop & glow cream blushes which I have in rose blossom, the instant radiance highlighter and the peony petals blush palette. 



I have yet to try out the pop and glow cream blush however I have tried the highlighter and blush palette. The highlighter is already becoming a firm favorite of mine as it's so quick and easy to use. The colour is beautiful, very much like Benefits Watts Up highlighter and the consistency is a dream to blend. Good for all over highlighting and easy enough to blend out on the cheek bones without leaving the dreaded 'snail trail' effect! 


As for the blush, I like it but I don't love it. It's pretty enough to give cheeks a light flush of colour, however there is quite a lot of silver shimmer running through the palette which I'm hoping is just an over spray and will wear off but at the moment it's proving a bit of a pain. I also think this is more suited to lighter skin as although it is nicely pigmented it may not show up as well on those with a darker skin tone. 


From L-R, Instant Radiance Highlighter, Peony Petals blush palette, Pop & Glow blush stick

So there you have it, I hope you enjoyed reading this post and sharing my thoughts on No.7.

I have a seperate post planned for their new Beautiful Skin Pore Vacuum Mask - let me just say, this stuff OMG! 

Thanks for reading

Yours truly 

Amy

Xx




2 comments:

  1. I think that No7 do have some truly hidden gems, although sometimes you do have to look quite hard! I have the blush and highlight stick and so far I'm really enjoying them, although I find they fade quite fast. Have you tried the blush stick yet?

    Rachel || A Nesting Nomad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definately agree! Shame about the fading though as I find this also. I tend to use the blush stick on minimal makeup days or when I go to the gym. Love the colour, however do wish it would last a bit longer.

      Delete


 photo blanklogofull.png