Sunday 27 November 2016

The Hangover Fixers


Because I'm not much of a drinker I don't often suffer with hangovers, but when I do Oh.My.God I cannot cope. Especially as I'm getting older *ahem* I find it harder to deal with a hangover and the effects it has on my skin and body are awful. With Christmas just around the corner and the likelihood of us being invited to social events that involve drinking,  I've rounded up a few items that help me through.

No doubt if you come in slightly worse for wear you won't manage to take off all of your makeup (properly at least), I know I don't! In the morning I like to take some warm water, a damp flannel and my Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish to remove every last bit of grime. The gentle scent and smooth texture of the Cleanse & Polish feels great on dehydrated skin and massaging it in with the flannel really helps to stimulate circulation and get things going again.


I follow this with my favorite Pixi Glow Tonic as this exfoliates and removes any unwanted dead skin cells and then I spritz on the Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist as this contains hyaluronic acid to moisturize.


If I have some extra time or I plan on staying in, then I'll use the Lush BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask. This contains lots of antioxidants and goodies for the skin, that leave it super soft and glowy.


If I'm leaving the house then I generally like to wear a bit of makeup. I prep my skin with the Smashbox Hydrating Primer followed by a light base, something like the Nars Tinted Moisturizer or Bourjois Healthy Mix. Concealer is an absolute must for me after a night out so I use my Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer as this has the most coverage and doesn't crease under my eyes.


I usually wear a bit of mascara and cream blush for colour (and hydration) and I'm good to go. I of course try to drink plenty of water, eat fresh healthy food and wear the comfiest clothes! That's what helps get me through a hangover anyway.
What are your hangover fixers?



No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png