Tuesday 3 May 2016

Spring warm Up


I don't know about you but I'm totally ready for Spring, it's been reasonably sunny here in the UK, although still freezing - but that hasn't stopped me thinking about it already.

I've already made some inappropriate pre season purchases (far too cold for that) but I can't help  being drawn in by all the pretty colours of this season as it just makes me want to buy things!

Which also means it's time to give my makeup bag a refresh.   Lighter bases and cream blush rather than the full coverage stuff usually saved for winter, I like to give my bag a bit of a shake up this time of year.


The Stila Convertible Colour Cream Blush in Peony is a favourite of mine during the warmer months. Possibly my favourite cream blush of all time, alongside the Daniel Sandler Watercolours. This stuff lasts really well and gives a healthy flush of colour to the cheeks.

The By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Frozen Quartz, don't let the wintery name put you off, this is a beautiful warm shimmery pink, perfect to swipe on for lighter, brighter eyes.

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, Spring wouldn't be the same without a bit of bronzer, this ones perfect for adding a gentle hint of colour without being OTT and it smells like chocolate!

Alternatively a newer favourite of mine, is the Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Light, this is a gorgeous shimmery bronze that adds warmth and dimension to the skin.

For lips I've been obsessed with the new Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Soft Lilac a pretty lilac / pink shade and the new Kiko Colour Click Lipstick in No.6 Famous Cyclamen a bright fuchsia, perfect for a flash of colour and so hydrating on the lips.

Lastly fake tan, I always crack it out this time of year as pasty pins is not a look I favour. My go to's include Bondi Sands (my ride or die) or more recently the Cocoa Brown One Hour Tan, which is super dark and almost scentless, however a little hard to blend.

What are your Spring favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png